Skip to content
- Reinforcing the pulmonary artery autograft in the aortic position with a textile mesh: a histological evaluation. Interactive CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery (2018) 1–8. doi:10.1093/icvts/ivy134, Emma Vanderveken, Julie Vastmans, Tom Verbelen, Peter Verbrugghe, Nele Famaey, Eric Verbeken, TomTreasure and Filip Rega.
- Practical clinical applications of 3-D printing in cardiovascular surgery. Journal of Thoracic Disease 2017;9(9):2792-2797. doi: 10.21037/ jtd.2017.08.63, Treasure T, Golesworthy T, Pepper J.
- Developing a shared decision support framework for aortic root surgery in Marfan syndrome. Heart 2017;0:1–7. doi:10.1136/heartjnl-2017-311598, Tom Treasure, Annette King, Loreto Hidalgo Lemp, Tal Golesworthy, John Pepper, Johanna JM Takkenberg.
- Letter to the Editor, Tom Treasure, Conal Austin, John Pepper, The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, July 2017
- Support for the aortic wall; a histological study in sheep comparing a macroporous mesh with a low-porosity vascular graft of the same polyethylene terephthalate material. Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery 2017doi:10.1093/ictvs/ivx009, Van Hoof L, Verbrugghe P, Verbeken E, Treasure T, Famaey N, Meuris B, Herijgers P, Rega F.
- An Option for Concomitant Management of Moderate Marfan Root Aneurysm at the Time of Mitral Valve Repair: A Role for Personalized External Aortic Root Support. Ann Thorac Surg 2016;102:e499-e501, Benedetto U, Jin XY, Hill E, Treasure T, Petrou M.
- When does an ‘emerging technology’ emerge into the therapeutic arena? Should we be offering personalized external aortic root support?. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery 50 (2016) 405, Leslie Hamilton.
- Personalised External Aortic Root Support (PEARS): Utilisation in dilatational aortopathies after the arterial switch operation V4, International Journal of Cardiology 220 (2016) 772–774, C. Austin, S.K. Mathur, J. Pepper.
- A ‘compare and contrast’ exercise: wrapping versus personalised external aortic root support (PEARS), Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery (2016) 11:104, DOI 10.1186/s13019-016-0499-7, Tom Treasure.
- Personalized external aortic root support (PEARS) is an emerging technology. It is a pre-emptive operation to halt aortic root expansion and maintain aortic valve function in Marfan syndrome and is also applicable to aortic root aneurysms of other aetiologies. Tom Treasure, Mario Petrou, Ulrich Rosendahl, Conal Austin, Filip Rega, Jan Pirk and John Pepper.
- Personalised External Aortic Root Support: an Engineering Perspective, Medical Robotics Reports, Volume 4 December 2015, T J Golesworthy
- Research Dissertation: Relative values placed by people with Marfan syndrome and genetically determined life-threatening aortic root aneurysms on the lifetime implications of time and choice amongst the three currently available forms of prophylactic operation, 2015, King’s College London, Loreta Maria Hidalgo
- Personalized external aortic root support: a review of the current status, European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (2016) 1–5 doi:10.1093/ejcts/ezw078, Tom Treasure, Mario Petrou, Ulrich Rosendahl, Conal Austin, Filip Rega, Jan Pirk and John Pepper
- Personalised External Aortic Root Support (PEARS): update on research and development plans. Bulletin of the Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland December 2015; 21, Treasure T, Pepper J.
- Biomechanical properties of the Marfan’s aortic root and ascending aorta before and after personalised external aortic root support surgery, Medical Engineering and Physics 37 (2015) 759–766, S.D. Singha, X.Y. Xua, J.R. Pepper, T. Treasure, R.H. Mohiaddin
- Effect of personalized external aortic root support on aortic root motion and distension in Marfan syndrome patients, International Journal of Cardiology 197 (2015) 154–160, Cemil Izgi, Evangelia Nyktari, Francisco Alpendurada, Annina Studer Bruengger, John Pepper, Tom Treasure, Raad Mohiaddin
- Letter to the Editor, The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, December 2015; Volume 100, Issue 6:1505–16, Conal Austin, Tal Golesworthy, Cemil Izgi, Raad Mohiaddin, John Pepper, Mario Petrou, Filip Rega, Ulrich Rosendahl, Michael Rubens, Tom Treasure
- Letter to the Editor, The New England Journal of Medicine, Vol. 372 No. 10, 372:977-981, March 5, 2015, DOI: 10.1056/NEJMc1500128, Tom Treasure, John Pepper, Raad Mohiaddin
- Personalised External Aortic Root Support (PEARS) Compared with Alternatives for People with Life-Threatening Genetically Determined Aneurysms of the Aortic Root, Diseases 2015, 3, 2-14; doi:10.3390/diseases3010002, Tom Treasure and John Pepper
- Histology of a Marfan aorta 4.5 years after personalized external aortic root support, European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery Advance Access, November 18, 2014, John Pepper, Martin Goddard, Raad Mohiaddin and Tom Treasure
- The psychosocial impact of personalised external aortic root support surgery in Marfan syndrome, MSc Research Dissertation, 2014, Judith Fosbraey
- Surgical management of aortic root disease in Marfan syndrome and other congenital disorders associated with aortic root aneurysms
Heart doi:10.1136/heartjnl-2013-305132, Tom Treasure, J J M Takkenberg, John Pepper
- Personalised external aortic root support (PEARS) in Marfan syndrome: analysis of 1-9 year outcomes by intention-to-treat in a cohort of the first 30 consecutive patients to receive a novel tissue and valve-conserving procedure, compared with the published results of aortic root replacement
Heart doi:10.1136/heartjnl-2013-304913, Tom Treasure, Johanna J M Takkenberg, Tal Golesworthy, Filip Rega, Mario Petrou, Ulrich Rosendahl, Raad Mohiaddin, Michael Rubens, Warren Thornton, Belinda Lees, John Pepper
- The Big Aortic Root Study: evaluation of personalised external aortic root support
Cardiology News, October 2013, Tom Treasure
- A call for expressions of interest in a comparative study of the options for pre-emptive aortic root surgery for people with Marfan syndrome
European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery 44 (2013) 588 doi:10.1093/ejcts/ezt335, Tom Treasure
- Options for pre-emptive aortic root surgery for people with Marfan syndrome
European Heart Journal 2013: 1947-1949, Tom Treasure
- Implantation of an individually computer-designed and manufactured external support for the Marfan aortic root
Multimedia Manual of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery 2013: mmt004-mmt004, John Pepper, Mario Petrou, Filip Rega, Ulrich Rosendahl, Tal Golesworthy, Tom Treasure
- External aortic root support for the Marfan aorta: anatomically normal coronary orifices imaged seven years after surgery
Carlo DiMario, John Pepper, Tal Golesworthy and Tom Treasure
- A method for early evaluation of a recently introduced technology by deriving a comparative group from existing clinical data: a case study in external support of the Marfan aortic root
BMJ Open, March 2012, Tom Treasure, Sonya Crowe, KM John Chan, Aaron Ranasinghe, Rizwan Attia, Belinda Lees, Martin Utley, Tal Golesworthy, and John Pepper
- External aortic root support: NICE guidance
Heart, October 2011, Tom Treasure, John Pepper, Tal Golesworthy, Raad Mohiaddin and Robert H Anderson
- Prophylactic surgery of the aortic root in Marfan Syndrome: reconsideration of the decision making process in the era of customised external aortic root support
Italian Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, September 2011, T. Treasure, T. Golesworthy, J. Pepper, F. Ruiz, S. Gallivan
- Aortic root surgery in Marfan syndrome
Heart, June 2011, Tom Treasure, John R Pepper
- “External aortic root support for Marfan syndrome: early clinical results in the first 20 recipients with a bespoke implant”
Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, July 2010, John Pepper, KM John Chan, Jemyrr Gavino, Tal Golesworthy, Raad Mohiaddin, Tom Treasure
- The do-it-yourself heart repair for Marfan’s syndrome, European Heart Journal, June 2010, Lois Rogers (the article appears about three quarters of the way down the page)
- “A Patient’s Journey: External aortic support for people with Marfan’s syndrome”
British Medical Journal, May 2010, Camilla Allen and John Pepper
- “The evolution of aortic root surgery for Marfan syndrome”
Interactive CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery, March 2010, Tom Treasure
- “Manufacturing and placing a bespoke support for the Marfan aortic root: description of the method and technical results and status at one year for the first ten patients”
Interactive CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery, March 2010, John R. Pepper, Tal Golesworthy, Martin Utley, John Chan, Skandadas Ganeshlingam, Michael Lamperth, Raad Mohiaddin, and Tom Treasure
- “Unknown unknowns: the aorta through the looking glass”
European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, June 2008, Tom Treasure, Tal Golesworthy, Warren Thornton, Michael Lamperth, Raad Mohiaddin, Robert H. Anderson, Steve Gallivan and John Pepper
- “Reducing fear and the risk of death in Marfan syndrome: a Chaucerian pilgrimage”
The British Journal of Cardiology, July/August 2006, Tal Golesworthy, Tom Treasure, Michael Lampérth, John Pepper
- “The Tailor of Gloucester: a jacket for the Marfan aorta”
The Lancet, October 2004, Tal Golesworthy, Michael Lamperth, Raad Mohiaddin, John Pepper, Warren Thornton, Tom Treasure